Thursday, June 4, 2009

Gutter Tree Farming

So we're getting ready to go up to Grayling tomorrow... but before we do I need to take care of some things around the house.

One of them is the annual harvesting of the gutter tree farm.


Now some of you may ask what is the proper height for when you should harvest the trees?  Well of course it depends on the species of tree.  In this case we have maples.  Unfortunately I've misplaced my handy chart for gutter tree farm harvesting, but Mandie assures me that these are actually too tall.

In any case, the gutters are clear again and ready to be planted with a new crop of trees!

BTW... this is the back gutter, the front gutter provided a much better harvest.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome.

When Sarah and I first moved into chez-Katz we had a full-on CORN STALK growing from the gutters.